actualiteitsforums  

Ga Terug   actualiteitsforums > ACTUALITEITSFORUM > WERELD > Politiek
Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord
Home FORUMS Registreer Arcade Zoeken Posts van vandaag Markeer Forums als Gelezen

Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp Waardeer Onderwerp Weergave Modus
Oud 9th May 2018, 09:24

Israel orders Human Rights Watch representative to leave

Omar Shakir, a US citizen, denies the accusation that he supports a boycott against Israel

Israel’s interior ministry has ordered the representative of Human Rights Watch in the country to leave within 14 days, accusing him of supporting a boycott against Israel.

Human Rights Watch, a New York-based rights organisation, said the decision showed Israel was seeking to suppress criticism of its human rights record, and that it would challenge the decision in court.

Omar Shakir, the group’s Israel and Palestine Director, holds US citizenship. He has denied the accusation against him.

Israel last year initially denied Shakir a work permit, in a move criticised by the US. It later granted him a one-year work visa.

Israeli interior minister Aryeh Deri said he had acted on the recommendation of Gilad Erdan, the minister for strategic affairs, whose department said it gathered data that Shakir had for years supported a boycott of Israel.

“It is inconceivable that a boycott activist can receive a permit to remain in Israel so that he can act in every possible way against the state. I will use all means to expel such people from the country,” Deri’s statement said.

But Shakir said: “I have not called for any form of boycott of Israel during my time at Human Rights Watch and the interior ministry acknowledged this in its letter to me ... in which they informed me of their decision to deny an extension to my work visa.”

HRW said it supported Shakir. “This is not about Shakir, but rather about muzzling Human Rights Watch and shutting down criticism of Israel’s rights record,” its program director, Iain Levine, said.

Bron:
Reuters. (2018, mei 5). Israel orders Human Rights Watch representative to leave. Opgehaald van theguardian.com: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tative-to-leave

Eigen mening:
Echt subtiel zijn ze daar precies niet hoor. Gewoon iemand van een organisatie voor mensenrechten buiten gooien, dat valt vooral niet op. En hun excuus? Boycotten? Bullshit. Israël doet al langer onmenselijke dingen en ze willen niet dat dat gezien wordt. Meer niet.

Ik ben er zeker van dat de overwinnaars van de tweede wereldoorlog het goed bedoelden, maar het was o zo stom om de Joden een land te geven zonder naar de inwoners van dat land te kijken. Nu hebben we deze hete ketel die op springen staat en niemand weet hoe de druk verlaagd kan worden.
Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp
Zoek in onderwerp:

Uitgebreid Zoeken
Weergave Modus Stem op dit onderwerp:
Stem op dit onderwerp::

Posting Regels
Je mag niet nieuwe onderwerpen maken
Je mag niet reageren op posts
Je mag niet bijlagen posten
Je mag niet jouw posts bewerken

vB code is Aan
Smilies zijn Aan
[IMG] code is Aan
HTML code is Uit
Forumsprong

Alle tijden zijn GMT +2. De tijd is nu 10:31.