actualiteitsforums  

Ga Terug   actualiteitsforums > ACTUALITEITSFORUM > In de Marge van het Nieuws
Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord
Home FORUMS Registreer Arcade Zoeken Posts van vandaag Markeer Forums als Gelezen

Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp Waardeer Onderwerp Weergave Modus
Oud 13th July 2017, 12:18
Indy.Geeraerts
Gast

Airline crew force woman to sit next man who masturbated near her during flight

Airline crew force woman to sit next man who masturbated near her during flight

A passenger claims American Airline staff saw a man masturbating beside her when she slept and failed to wake her up and moved her to safety.
Chloe King was on a flight to Paris when the man in the seat next to her started touching himself inappropriately as she slept.

Another woman in the row caught sight of the man’s sexual crime, informed cabin crew and requested to move seats, but Ms King was left next to him.
Upon waking, Ms King was beckoned to the rear of the plane by American Airlines staff who told her about the incident and informed her the French Police had been notified and them man was likely to be arrested upon landing in the capital.

Understandably, Ms King was shaken up and wanted to move away from the man.

She said: ‘What they didn’t do was wake me up and move me to a safe place. What they didn’t do was accommodate my request — after informing me of the assault  —  to sit anywhere else on the plane for landing.
‘Instead, they made me climb back over the sex offender, trapped between him and the window for the rest of the flight.
I was shaking and crying and trying not to get sick.’

As she’d been asleep, Ms King doesn’t know exactly what happened but she says: ‘I do know I’ll never feel completely safe flying again.
‘Disgustingly, I know this is not breaking news: sexual assault is repeatedly forgiven and swept aside in our society. As women, we can’t accept this.
‘American Airlines, you knew what happened was criminal activity, you had the offender arrested,  yet you did nothing to stop the man’s actions or protect my safety in a horrifying situation.

‘You chose to treat the man committing the crime with far more respect than the unconscious woman sitting beside him. As humans, we deserve more than that.’

American Airlines statement
When we reached out to an American Airlines representative, they told Metro.co.uk: ‘American always strives to maintain a safe and comfortable travel experience for all of our customers.
‘We are reviewing how we handled the situation on this flight, and have reached out directly to Ms. King. During the flight, our crew requested that French law enforcement meet the aircraft in Paris.
‘Upon arrival, French officials interviewed the male passenger regarding the allegations.’

Bron: Metro UK, 12.07.2017
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/12/airli...-slept-6773452/

Eigen mening:
Wow… Was ik in de plaats van de slapende vrouw, zou ik daar een scène gemaakt hebben dat het niet meer mooi was om te zien! Ik denk niet dat ik op zo’n moment kalm zou kunnen blijven.
Wat denk je als je als man zoiets doet? Ben je dan niet goed opgevoed waardoor niet alle fases van Freud doorlopen zijn? Jezus… En dat dan een andere passagier wél verplaatst wordt… Je zou toch denken dat, in de 21ste eeuw, we een beetje fatsoen gekregen hebben om niet overal waar we zitten onszelf te liggen bevredigen? Zijn we ook te onmondig geworden om iets te zeggen tegen een man waarvan we denken dat hij over de schreef gaat? Ik ben sprakeloos.
Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp
Zoek in onderwerp:

Uitgebreid Zoeken
Weergave Modus Stem op dit onderwerp:
Stem op dit onderwerp::

Posting Regels
Je mag niet nieuwe onderwerpen maken
Je mag niet reageren op posts
Je mag niet bijlagen posten
Je mag niet jouw posts bewerken

vB code is Aan
Smilies zijn Aan
[IMG] code is Aan
HTML code is Uit
Forumsprong

Alle tijden zijn GMT +2. De tijd is nu 14:35.