actualiteitsforums  

Ga Terug   actualiteitsforums > ACTUALITEITSFORUM > MILIEU / GEZONDHEID / MENSENRECHTEN > Mensenrechten
Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord
Home FORUMS Registreer Arcade Zoeken Posts van vandaag Markeer Forums als Gelezen

Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp Waardeer Onderwerp Weergave Modus
Oud 29th September 2014, 19:40

YouTube star Sam Pepper faces sexual harassment claims

"YouTube star Sam Pepper faces sexual harassment claims" by Frankie McCamley, Newsbeat Reporter, 29 September 2014

Newsbeat has been speaking exclusively to a number of women who claim to have been sexually harassed by YouTube star Sam Pepper.
Six women in total have told us they've been touched inappropriately or had indecent conversations with the ex-Big Brother contestant.
Some have asked to remain anonymous while others have posted their claims on YouTube.
Sam Pepper has yet to respond to any of the allegations.
Dottie Martin was the first to go online.
The 18-year-old, who has waived her right to anonymity, claimed she had felt uncomfortable during a date to the cinema with the YouTube star.
"He tried to touch me around my chest area and I moved his hand away because I wasn't comfortable with that," she told Newsbeat.
She said they did kiss and were holding hands, but the 25-year-old went too far.
"He had his other hand on my leg and started moving it further up my leg which I really wasn't comfortable with," she said.
Dottie says she pushed him away a number of times.
"He was holding my hand and he put it on his crotch area and moved it closer, but I pulled it away," she said.
"Unfortunately I felt like that was to be expected. I felt I was doing something I wasn't meant to be doing, which was refusing."
Another YouTuber went online to say she had received messages on Facebook from Sam Pepper when she was 15.
We have removed the woman's name from the messages.
She claims he is listed as a 'Facebook User' in the picture because he blocked her.
We have been unable to independently verify the messages.
The woman, who is now 18, says the conversations then went onto Skype.
The Skype user speaking to the woman appears to ask for a "naked dance" then says "needs more boobs".
Following Newsbeat's coverage of the backlash following Sam Pepper's Fake Hand Ass Pinch Prank, one woman in her 20s got in touch to say she was sexually assaulted by the star at his home two years ago.
She said she didn't want to go public because she works in the industry.
Three other women have spoken exclusively to Newsbeat to claim they were indecently groped or assaulted at a YouTube gathering in London.
In a written email, one of these women wrote: "It is one thing that has greatly upset me over the years."
Another said: "It was all in a playful way which made me think I couldn't complain.
"I complained to the organiser who said they had received many complaints about him and told me they would get him off the site."
We have contacted the organisers who are yet to respond.
Out of the six women who have come forward, only one woman says she is considering going to the police.
The others say they will not speak out for fear of getting online abuse.
The initial backlash began after Sam Pepper posted his Fake Hand Ass Pinch Prank online.
The video received a number of complaints saying that it was a form of sexual harassment and it was taken down after a few days.
His co-star Mazzi Maz spoke to Newsbeat at the time to say he had "gone too far".
Sam Pepper then uploaded another video of a woman doing the same to men and that was also removed within minutes.
Finally the star released The Reveal, where he claimed the videos were all part of a social experiment to highlight sexual harassment against men.
Laci Green has written a letter to Sam Pepper asking him to take down his prank videos involving women
Laci Green has a sex education show on YouTube with more than one million subscribers.
She wrote an open letter to Sam Pepper asking him to stop assaulting women, which has received more than 100,000 signatures.
She told Newsbeat: "Harassment and bullying is bad on the online community.
"Big powerful YouTubers are connecting through social media with fans, some of whom are very young.
"So, the power dynamics are very off and that creates an environment where some people that are predatory will take advantage of the situation."
Pepper has more than two million YouTube subscribers and has made a name for himself filming prank-style videos.
Following the allegations Newsbeat has tried to contact Sam Pepper, but so far we have had no response.

Bron (met foto's en links die soms relevant zijn): http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29404364 , 29 september 2014

Mening: Het internet biedt veel voordelen, maar ook zeker nadelen. Eén daarvan is de mogelijkheid om het slechte voorbeeld te geven aan enorme hoeveelheden mensen, waaronder jongeren en kinderen. Een populair genre op YouTube zijn de 'prank'-video's waarin het verborgen-cameraconcept kan worden uitgevoerd door om het even wie, met weinig ethische controle. Als populaire YouTubers met miljoenen 'subscribers' mensenrechten overtreden en zo het slechte voorbeeld geven aan anderen, waaronder kinderen (http://variety.com/2014/digital/new...ens-1201275245/), is het nodig dat volwassen mensen, waaronder andere YouTube-celebrities (http://lacigreen.tumblr.com/post/98...r-to-sam-pepper of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9q...Fcysl_0I3x-iReg) de video's aanklagen, de kanalen kunnen worden geblokkeerd en de makers kunnen worden vervolgd (zeker voor het gedane misbruik, indien mogelijk ook voor het online zetten als er geen toestemming is). Sam Pepper is slechts één voorbeeld uit een grotere lijst dat al enkele dagen veel aandacht krijgt.
Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp
Zoek in onderwerp:

Uitgebreid Zoeken
Weergave Modus Stem op dit onderwerp:
Stem op dit onderwerp::

Posting Regels
Je mag niet nieuwe onderwerpen maken
Je mag niet reageren op posts
Je mag niet bijlagen posten
Je mag niet jouw posts bewerken

vB code is Aan
Smilies zijn Aan
[IMG] code is Aan
HTML code is Uit
Forumsprong

Alle tijden zijn GMT +2. De tijd is nu 09:59.