PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Leerkracht quote van de dag...

Davy V.H.
15th October 2004, 20:49
Ik zal er eens een gewoonte van maken om elke (week-)dag een leerkrachten quote te posten... Er zit vaak heel veel wijsheid in... :)

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.

~William Arthur Ward

kimhenderickx
16th October 2004, 02:49
Leuk initiatief... :)

Davy V.H.
16th October 2004, 14:10
"Teachers should guide without dictating, and participate without dominating."

- C.B. Neblette

Davy V.H.
17th October 2004, 17:00
A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

~Author Unknown

Davy V.H.
19th October 2004, 00:15
"I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand."

- Chinese Proverb

Davy V.H.
19th October 2004, 00:17
"Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon"

- E. M. Forster

Barst
19th October 2004, 00:32
"Teachers teach as they are taught and not as they are taught to teach"

~Author Unknown

Davy V.H.
20th October 2004, 01:45
A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.

~Author Unknown

Barst
20th October 2004, 02:52
"Als je een leugen tien maal herhaalt op teevee, wordt ze waarheid."

~S. Berlusconi

Barst
21st October 2004, 03:02
"Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear"

~Albert Camus

Davy V.H.
27th October 2004, 18:42
"Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice."

- Master Yoda (Star Wars) :D

Davy V.H.
27th October 2004, 18:43
"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is."

- Master Yoda (Star Wars)

Michai Geyzen
27th October 2004, 18:50
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife.

hehe
:)

Marie
28th October 2004, 17:40
"Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear"

Nice one!

Barst
29th October 2004, 01:50
"Individuals have international duties which transcend the national obligations of obedience ... Therefore [individual citizens] have the duty to violate domestic laws to prevent crimes against peace and humanity from occurring."

The Nuremberg Tribunal 1945-1946.

Davy V.H.
30th October 2004, 12:55
They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

--- Carl W. Buechner

Davy V.H.
31st October 2004, 14:03
"Teach your children by what you are, not just by what you say"

- Jane Revell & Susan Norman

Barst
2nd November 2004, 02:07
"Where is the justice of political power if it executes the murderer and jails the plunderer, and then itself marches upon neighboring lands, killing thousands and pillaging the very hills?"

~Kahlil Gibran

Barst
9th November 2004, 01:22
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

~John Kenneth Galbraith

PS Davy, niet opgeven hé...

Davy V.H.
9th November 2004, 13:12
Originally posted by Barst
[i][b]

PS Davy, niet opgeven hé...

Druk druk druk he... die stages slorpen veel van je tijd op... :(

Davy V.H.
9th November 2004, 22:16
Ok, op algemene aanvraag dan :D

"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself."

- Galileo Galilei

Davy V.H.
11th November 2004, 01:45
Vind ik weer een hele goeie...

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell, where his influence stops."

- Henry Brooks Adams

Barst
11th November 2004, 07:12
Als ge kans wilt maken op realisatie van uw nieuw 'signature', stel ik voor om meteen ook van logo te veranderen: een heiligenbeeldje ligt nl. beter in dit 'marktsegment' dan een spelconsole...

Barst
11th November 2004, 08:19
In de schaduw van de grote Idee of grote God
staan kleine maar venijnige fanaten
die het ringeloren niet kunnen laten

Oh vrijheid hun haat moeten wij uit Uw naam laten
zo dat zij de Geest geven aan wie die toebehoort
aan allen die waarheid vinden door het Vrije Woord!

Lucebert voor Salman Rushdie

Davy V.H.
11th November 2004, 19:11
Als ge kans wilt maken op realisatie van uw nieuw 'signature', stel ik voor om meteen ook van logo te veranderen: een heiligenbeeldje ligt nl. beter in dit 'marktsegment' dan een spelconsole...

Whahahahaa... :D

Ik zal er straks eens werk van maken se. Haha... Ik ben blij dat je er de humor van inziet :p

Davy V.H.
11th November 2004, 19:45

Close enough????????? :D

:p ;)

Barst
12th November 2004, 00:14
First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

-Pastor Martin Niemöller: Concentration camp Survivor

Barst
12th November 2004, 00:26
An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me...It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride and superiority. The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside of you and every other person too."

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied..."The one I feed."

Davy V.H.
12th November 2004, 16:31
How do you play religious roulette?

You stand around in a circle and blaspheme and see who gets struck by lightning first.

Davy V.H.
12th November 2004, 16:46
As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools.

yannick.staelens
13th November 2004, 19:46
Een gek kan alles verzinnen wat hij wenst en een genie kan alles wat hij verzint wellicht ook maken, maar een genie kan niet alles wat hij maakt begrijpen,terwijl een gek alles wat hij verzint begrijpt!!

Davy V.H.
15th November 2004, 23:20
"Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast? "

- Homer Simpson :D

Davy V.H.
15th November 2004, 23:23
"English - Who needs that? I'm never going to England!"

- Homer Simpson :D

Barst
16th November 2004, 00:17
"Wie haat in de naam van God, haat God!"

(Kardinaal Danneels tijdens het Te Deum van gisteren)

Barst
23rd November 2004, 03:07
"The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own."

Aldous Huxley - English novelist and critic, 1894-1963

judithgielens
23rd November 2004, 16:26
het is een quote die iedereen nu al wel zou moeten kennen, dus hij is helemaal niet origineel. Maar ik zag hem hier nog niet tussenstaan, dus :

er zijn geen probleemkinderen, alleen kinderen met problemen!

Barst
28th November 2004, 02:29
"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false."

Bertrand Russell

Davy V.H.
30th November 2004, 01:00
"We think too much about effective methods of teaching and not enough about effective methods of learning."

- John Carolus S. J.

Davy V.H.
30th November 2004, 01:04
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be ignited."

- Plutarch

Barst
30th November 2004, 01:22
Bij je nieuwe avatar: het was - denk ik - een liedje van 'Modern Talking', de grootste shit (Duits uiteraard) die op muziekgebied ooit is geproduceerd... Daarom is het clipje inderdaad bijzonder geslaagd...

Davy V.H.
30th November 2004, 10:17
[QUOTE=Barst]Bij je nieuwe avatar: het was - denk ik - een liedje van 'Modern Talking', de grootste shit (Duits uiteraard) die op muziekgebied ooit is geproduceerd... Daarom is het clipje inderdaad bijzonder geslaagd...[/QUOTE]

Bekijk het hier... ;) Ik vind het een prachtige commercial... Zo moeten er meer zijn. :D

http://www.deltalloyd.nl/dlnl/actueel_deltalloyd/reclame/booming_car_en_tagon.jsp

Barst
19th December 2004, 02:36
"The feeling of patriotism - It is an immoral feeling because, instead of confessing himself a son of God . . . or even a free man guided by his own reason, each man under the influence of patriotism confesses himself the son of his fatherland and the slave of his government, and commits actions contrary to his reason and conscience."

- Leo Tolstoy, Patriotism and Government

PS Ik wil hier pleiten voor een verruiming van de 'Leerkracht-quote van de (week-)dag'. Het is toch niet omdat het door leraars (in-spe) wordt gepost, dat het alleen maar betrekking hoeft te hebben op onderwerpen die sensu stricto gerelateerd zijn aan het onderwijs zelf, of wel? Maar vooral: de 'schuifbalk' op de openingspagina is met de nieuwe VB-versie verdwenen ( :( ), en bijgevolg kan ik mij hier 'vollen bak' laten gaan ( :D )
Maar als Davy hier echt een punt van maakt... :confused:

Davy V.H.
20th December 2004, 11:53
[QUOTE=Barst][B]
Maar als Davy hier echt een punt van maakt... :confused:[/QUOTE]

Laat u gaan Barst... laat u gaan... :D

Davy V.H.
20th December 2004, 12:03
Ik hou het hier wel tot de kern dan... ;)

'There is no need to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning. '

- Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895-1986, Indian Theosophist )

Wouter
20th December 2004, 20:36
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
Albert Einstein

Barst
26th December 2004, 02:23
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Say nothing of my religion. It is known to God and myself alone. Its evidence before the world is to be sought in my life: if it has been honest and dutiful to society the religion which has regulated it cannot be a bad one.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Thomas Jefferson

Barst
28th December 2004, 18:36
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity[/FONT][/SIZE]

George Bernard Shaw

Barst
30th December 2004, 03:41
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but doesn't have an air force [/FONT][/SIZE]

Unknown

Barst
31st December 2004, 04:43
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"To plunder, to slaughter, to steal, these things they misname empire, and where they make a wilderness, they call it peace." [/FONT][/SIZE]

Tacitus - Roman historian - c. 55-120 A.D.

Barst
1st January 2005, 15:57
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"If a baseball player slides into home plate and, right before the umpire rules if he is safe or out, the player says to the umpire - 'Here is $1,000.' What would we call that? We would call that a bribe. If a lawyer was arguing a case before a judge and said, 'Your honor before you decide on the guilt or innocence of my client, here is $1,000.' What would we call that? We would call that a bribe.
"But if an industry lobbyist walks into the office of a key legislator and hands her or him a check for $1,000, we call that a campaign contribution. We should call it a bribe."[/FONT][/SIZE]

Janice Fine - Dollars and Sense magazine

Barst
4th January 2005, 23:35
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"For the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." [/FONT][/SIZE]

Niccolo Machiavelli, Discourses, 1513-1517

Barst
10th January 2005, 23:25
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"...free enterprise, [is] a term that refers, in practice, to a system of public subsidy and private profit, with massive government intervention in the economy to maintain a welfare state for the rich."[/FONT][/SIZE]

Noam Chomsky

Barst
15th January 2005, 01:45
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude."[/FONT][/SIZE]

Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Barst
19th January 2005, 02:22
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"We must not allow ourselves to become like the system we oppose. We cannot afford to use methods of which we will be ashamed when we look back, when we say, '...we shouldn't have done that.'[/FONT][/SIZE]

Desmond Tutu

Barst
20th January 2005, 02:25
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"...needy men, and hardy, not contented with their present condition, as also all men that are ambitious of military command, are enclined to continue the causes of warre; and to stirre up trouble and sedition: for there is no honour Military but by warre; nor any such hope to mend an ill game, as by causing a new shuffle."[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan, Part I, ch. 11

Barst
25th January 2005, 03:17
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."[/FONT][/SIZE]

Isaiah (ch. II, v. 4)

Barst
27th January 2005, 03:57
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"It is not necessary that whilst I live I live happily; but it is necessary that so long as I live I should live honourably."[/FONT][/SIZE]

Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

Barst
16th February 2005, 01:45
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"Als ik wist dat morgen de wereld zou vergaan, dan zou ik vandaag nog een boom planten"[/FONT][/SIZE]

Maarten Luther

Wouter
16th February 2005, 13:00
Il est curieux que le courage physique soit si répandu en ce monde et le courage moral si rare.

Mark Twain

Barst
19th March 2005, 02:36
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]In the past our politicians offered us dreams of a better world. Now they promise to protect us from nightmares.

The most frightening of these is the threat of an international terror network. But just as the dreams were not true, neither are these nightmares.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Zie: http://207.44.245.159/video1037.htm

Barst
20th March 2005, 02:34
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)[/SIZE]

Barst
21st March 2005, 01:52
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"The process [of mass-media deception] has to be conscious, or it would not be carried out with sufficient precision, but it also has to be unconscious, or it would bring with it a feeling of falsity and hence of guilt.... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the re[/SIZE]ality which one denies - all this is indispensably necessary."[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]George Orwell in the book 1984 [/SIZE]

Barst
24th April 2005, 03:07
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"A great nation is like a great man: When he makes a mistake, he realizes it. Having realized it, he admits it. Having admitted it, he corrects it. He considers those who point out his faults as his most benevolent teachers. He thinks of his enemy as the shadow that he himself casts. If a nation is centred in the Tao, if it nourishes its own people and doesn't meddle in the affairs of others, it will be a light to all nations in the world"[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Lao Tzu - Source: Tao Te Ching, Chapter 61[/SIZE]

Barst
5th May 2005, 02:06
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Vader – een vrucht van emancipatie is dat vader niet noodzakelijkerwijs een blanke, heteroseksuele man behoeft te zijn – moet terugkeren in onze maatschappij en wel op alle niveaus. Vader als steller en handhaver van de Wet. Vader als filosoof. Vader als formuleerder en handhaver van het collectief beleefde stelsel van normen en waarden, waaraan we ons als gemeenschap kunnen toetsen en vormen, zonder hetwelk onze gemeenschappen op termijn ten dode zijn opgeschreven. Vader dient terug te keren in het gezin, op school, in de vereniging, in de buurt, in de bedrijven en de instellingen en ten slotte in het publieke domein. Op mijn generatie, die geweigerd heeft dit vaderschap op zich te nemen, rust de zware taak dit nú wel te doen in het zicht van de ontbinding van onze gemeenschappen. Het zal geen traditioneel vaderschap kunnen zijn. De nieuwe vader heeft zich te verstaan met de moderniteit, is dus internationaal georiënteerd en informeert zich zo goed mogelijk. Hij overtuigt en maakt slechts spaarzaam gebruik van machtsmiddelen en machtsinstrumenten. Vader is dus een groot communicator.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]P. Fortuyn[/SIZE]

====

Barst
16th May 2005, 03:11
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws."[/FONT][/SIZE]

John Adams

Barst
14th June 2005, 02:05
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Morality is the best of all devices for leading mankind by the nose[/FONT][/SIZE]

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Antichrist

Wouter
16th June 2005, 09:38
"He who laughs last made a backup" :D

Barst
18th June 2005, 14:59
[SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS],,Je moet nooit denken dat je een haar beter bent dan je medemens''[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Prins Bernard (!)[/SIZE]